To stop Jerlyn Chia and her boyfriend from complaining about her photo in my previous post, I shall dedicate part of my precious time to blog about something.
It's only the first week of school since June hols, but it feels like months. Just 4 days and I'm so exhausted already. Tests and more tests are coming up. Promos are so near. Irritatingness. WE HAVE A 2HR20MIN GEOGRAPHY PAPER WHICH COMPRISES BOTH PHYSICAL AND HUMAN GEOG, AND WE HAVE 14 SETS OF NOTES TO MEMORISE. Go and die.
Econs test is next week, and I still dont understand COP. How, you tell me how.
Enough of ranting. Let me talk about happy stuff.
-
I know this is a little late, but Literature Retreat during the June hols had been quite enjoyable despite the killer heat waves.
A brief summary of the retreat :
1. We stayed over at SMU Prinsep Street Recidence and the place was nice, but the rooms were a little dirty. I was assigned to room ALL BY MYSELF but I was a cheater and dragged my mattress to Molly's and Sharifah's room. They saved my life.
2. We toured the Esplanade theatres. I admire the designers a lot, and I admire the RATS (rope assisted technical something something) a whole lot. They are the ones who clean the windows thingy at Esplanade (takes them about 6 months) and they earn thousands from it.
Camwhoring at the Esplanade :




3. "The Paradox of Fiction" seminar by John Williams was very deep (too deep) and I couldn't really understand it. And when he asked us to imagine ourselves gripping the blade of a knife with our hand, then imagine someone pulling it away so that it cuts your palm deep, I gave an ouch look and he exclaimed, "YES THAT WAS THE REACTION I WAS LOOKING FOR!" Hahaha.
4. We went to the cathedral of good shepherd or something like that. A new experience, but I was falling asleep from the talk the priest/pope(?) gave. Our dear Royce had been seated beside me all along, and he kept closing his eyes,
sleeping praying. What a holy man... Not.
5. Drama workshop by....... an SMU lecturer. Hahaha we all had to act and I love the skit my group put up. Should have taken a video!
6. Special programme - We went to watch the biggest little play festival in the world, entitled "Short + Sweet Singapore 2009" at Laselle College. That's the highlight of the whole retreat. The people roleplaying were extremely good! I want to watch moreeeeee.

7. Singapore Cricket Club. A damn posh place which I'll probably not set foot in for the rest of my life. There's a Men's Bar which is very cool.



I told Li Ling that the building in the above photograph is Taj Mahal and she believed me.
8. Singapore National Museum. Wonderful place! Hadn't really looked at everything yet, but it was quite an eye-opener. A must for a re-visit! Jonathan! Heh.



9. Poetry workshop with Justin. I think the whole of A03 can write awesome poems! The poem I wrote was entitled 'Murderer', I'll post it up sometime later. Anddd I found out from Justin that we don't need Math to be eligible to take up Psychology in university!Omgosh happiness. :D I love being an Art student. There are so many choices for us in U, contrary to popular belief.
And that was all the programmes lined up for us during the retreat. I love my classmates many. A pity that Mr Shankar had been quarantined.
-
I want to send my JJ tshirts for liposuction.
And today is a day full of smells (yucks).